Happy Father's Day Pa



I was thinking of preparing a post about Father's Day not in honor of my father because I have already done that in my IBANAG Family blog. I thought perhaps I will do some research on father related humor. To that end I saw this website which essentially talks about fathers, what else. I found some of what's been written as amusing and I quote some of it below:



  • "To be successful father, there's one absolute rule: when you have a kid, don't look at it for the first two years. - Ernest Hemingway.
  • The thing to remember about fathers is ... they're men. A girl has to keep it in mind: They are dragon seekers, bent on improbable rescues. Scratch any father, you find someone chock-full of qualms and romantic terrors, believing change is a threat, like your first shoes with heels on, like your first bicycle.. - Phyllis McGinley.
  • If the relationship of father to son could really be reduced to biology, the whole earth would blaze with the glory of fathers and sons. -James Baldwin
  • My father hated radio and he could not wait for television to be invented so that he could hate that too. - Peter De Vries
  • Life was a lot simpler when what what we honored was father and mother rather than all major credit cards. - Robert Orben."
See more of these here.

To my partner,

' When on life's journey it becomes our lot to travel with criticism of skeptics, the hate of some, the rejection of others, the impatience of many, or a friend's betrayal, we must be able to pray in such a manner that an abiding faith and a strong testimony that the Lord will be with us to the end, will compel us to say, "Nevertheless, Father, Thy will be done, and with Thy help in patience I will follow firmly on the path that takes me back to Thee." - Angel Abrea'


And to all the cool Dads in the world, you know who you are ,


H a p p y F a t h e r s D a y !

Cheers!


Popular posts from this blog

Pandering

Living And Learning With MOOCS