Another SM Supermall in Marikina City

I took this photo when I happened to pass by Marikina City Riverbanks last week. Riverbanks is some sort of a mini mall where you can shop from branded stores and 'tiangge' types, as well. There is a bookstore, an appliance store, a supermarket, plenty of food shops, from Jollibee to Tropical Hut as well as other retail stores catering to different needs and various markets.

On the foreground is the famous squeaky clean Marikina River. And that large block of building is the new and soon to open SM Super Mall
. The other buildings on the farthest right, I believe is Eastwood, actually located at nearby Quezon City.

Marikenyos are excited about SM's opening, I am sure. It is touted to occupy 60,000 sq meters of land and shall maintain a floor area equivalent to 124,877.85 (one of Henry Sy's spacier
malls).

And to this effect I suppose Riverbanks (t
oo bad I forgot to take a photo of the place), will just be a thing of the past?

Me? I am more worried about the traffic, garbage, flooding, and an overflow of 'bad elements' marshalling their victimizing skills' as soon as the Mall opens. (In a wink), I understand.

Hah! But I am sure the Fernando's (MCF the Mayora and husband BF, the MMDA Chairman) have thought all about this way before they agreed to have SM open a branch this part of Eastern Metro Manila.

So Congratulations to my kabayans. And to SM Supermalls, welcome to the City "na ang mga tao ay may mabuting ugali". (where the people are good natured).

YES!

Popular posts from this blog

Pandering

Living And Learning With MOOCS