2. 80% of what’s thrown away in American households are recyclable.
3. 2.5 MILLION plastic bottles are used every hour and not recycled.
4. enormous numbers of glass bottles and jars are thrown every day enough to fill a building like
5. over 1,000,000 sea creatures are lost yearly due to plastic bags and other plastic garbage thrown into the ocean. Think Great Pacific Garbage Patch. It's twice the size of
6. recycling one ton or about 2,000 pounds of paper can save 17 trees, 2 barrels of oil which is enough to run the average car for 1,260 mile; 4,100 kilowatts of energy, enough power for use of the average home for six months; 3.2 cubic yards of landfill space, and 60 pounds of pollution.
8. if all newspapers were recycled, 250 MILLION trees will be spared every year. Imagine if every American recycled 1/10 of their newspaper consumption, 25 million trees would be saved each year.
9. more than 20,000,000 Hershey's Kisses are wrapped each day, using 133 square miles of aluminum foil. Imagine all that tinfoil is recyclable. Very few think that so most of it goes to the trash.
10. recycling one aluminum can, can save enough energy to power television for three hours. That is the equivalent of a half a gallon of gasoline. And dig this – the amount of aluminum Americans throw quarterly is enough to rebuild the entire
11. a typical family consumes 182 gallons of pop or soda; 29 gallons of juice, 104 gallons of milk, and 26 gallons of bottled water a year.
12. every second 700 plastic bottles are trashed. That is enough to make 2 million fleece sweaters every day.
13. a leaking faucet that drops every can fill a 165 gallon container every month.
14. in the U.S. alone,100 billion plastic bags are used every year. Imagine this enormous number going to the oceans and how they can hurt its inhabitants.
Find these facts from this site.