Living in Marikina

Badge, a Pin?

My partner gave me this lapel pin which the Mayor of our Marikina City, gave him. This happened when he and his Korean business partners paid the Mayor a visit. The visit was about a business proposal offering the city government, eco-friendly and energy efficient lighting systems.

It appears that the Mayor liked the proposal if only for the fact that the City will be able to save a lot of money in terms of energy cost savings.

When I got the pin, I was curious about its history. And so as always, I looked up found these interesting things about lapel pins, on Wikipedia. And I now share it here:

1. "A lapel pin (also called "button" or "badge") is a small pin often worn on the lapel of a dress jacket. Lapel pins can be purely ornamental or can indicate the wearer's affiliation with an organization or cause; for example, American Flag lapel pins became very popular in the United States, especially among politicians, following the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001.

Popular posts from this blog

Pandering