Living and watching TV

If I had a Hollis Woods in my life, how happy would I be?

Hollis Woods is one of the main characters in a "television movie that debuted on the CBS television network as a Hallmark Hall of Fame movie on December 2, 2007. The film is directed by Tony Bill, and is based on the Newbery Honor winning novel of the same name by Patricia Reilly Giff. It stars child actress Jodelle Ferland as the title character along with Sissy Spacek."

I just saw it on HBO, and I don't really know why but I cried buckets :-) while watching it. Maybe, my soul made an instant connection with the character; as soon as I saw the expression of loss in Hollis' eyes.

In the movie, "Hollis Woods (Ferland) runs away from her former foster parents, she is placed with a new foster mother, a retired art teacher, Josie Cahill (Spacek). Josie is very caring and a talented artist, and her life could be told in her wood work, but Josie is also not very well (Alzheimer's disease). Over time, Hollis becomes Josie's caretaker, and comes to realizes what it is like to have a family".

And did I also mention that I love Sissy Spacek. Saw her first in Coal Miner's Daughter.

Thanks to Wiki for the accompanying image.

Popular posts from this blog

Pandering

Living And Learning With MOOCS