Cities worth visiting in the Philippines

First things first. To fulfill pinay mommy online contest's rules, I am supposed to post the answers to the following questions:

What is the Philippines' City of Smiles:
Answer: Bacolod City
What is the Philippines' City of Golden Friendship
Answer: Cagayan de Oro City

I am sure that by this time pinay mommy online is already in Bacolod taking her much deserved break. Awww! What about me? When am I going to have mine :-)

Before I publish this post, allow me to say something about these two wonderful cities found in the Southern part of the Philippines. First - Bacolod is the capital city of Negros Occidental. It is quite famous for its MassKara Festival. Touted to be be the best place to live in, Bacolod is tops as far as infrastructure is concerned. It is a BPO hub and boasts of language schools catering mostly to foreigners.

Although I have never been to Bacolod two of my very best friends come from Bacolod City. Back when we used to work together, they have been inviting me to go for a vacation there. We made plans. But sadly, never got the chance. Haayyy.

Now, to talk about Cagayan de Oro City. It is the capital of Misamis Oriental and just like Bacolod, is considered to be highly urbanized. Many multi-national companies such as Del Monte Philippines, Nestle, Coca-Cola, Pepsi Cola, are based in Cagayan de Oro. Call centers are also beginning to take advantage of what the city could offer.

Cagayan is close to my heart. We used to stay at Camp Edilberto Evangelista, Patag of Cagayan de Oro, considered to be the largest military camp in Mindanao. Because my father was assigned there for several years, my two brothers were both born there. Me? I was baptized there and my godfather is someone by the name of Ben Uy. I understand he owns a large retail shop. Wow Ninong! I wonder if he's still around. I remember I spent my kinder years in Cagayan too. Even at a young age, I recall that the people are so warm and very caring. In fact, the Bitolinamesa family are almost like blood relatives to us.

Pity, we have lost touch with them. Maybe it is about time to try re-connecting again.

My cousins who are permanently based there tell us that we should go back and take a vacation. Maybe, one day, soon :-) Ahhh, that is something to look forward to.

Popular posts from this blog

Pandering

Living And Learning With MOOCS