I continue to wish for a laptop

My son was asking me the other day if I didn't mind a 9 inch laptop screen. I asked him why and he said he, "was just thinking."

And then he gave me sales promotional flyer for Aspire One from Acer.

He says he is very much tempted, lured if you will about getting me this Aspire One.

"A quick rundown of specs show that it runs on an Intel Atom 1.6GHz processor and comes with 1GB RAM, 8GB SSD, Wi-Fi (b/g), 1.3-megapixel webcam, and multi-card reader. Even though the international release states that an 80GB version running on Windows XP is available, the Linux variant was the only one unveiled locally. RAM is expandable, but Acer will only allow you to replace one module as the other standard 512MB RAM is soldered on the unit".

SRP is PhP18800.00.

"On the other hand, Dell is said to be ready to ship the cheapest Dell mini-notebook priced at just $299, making it one of the cheapest 'sub-notebooks' or ultraportable notebooks around. It is expected to have the following specifications: an 8.9 inch, 1024 x 600 pixel display, a 1.6GHz Intel Atcom CPU, 802.11g, 512MB of RAM, a 0.3 MP webcam and a 4GB SSD. For a few bucks more you’ll be able to get more RAM, more storage, and even a larger notebook model with a 12 inch screen.

There's the Eee PC, its earliest version considered to be the cheapest to hit town and then there's the HP Mininote which is kind of expensive for its class.

I say, I shall wait for that Dell sub-notebook and see what happens. The truth is I really want a laptop that is powered by Intel Duo processors. Ambitious ain't I?

For the moment, I will continue to be a kibitzer on my partner's laptop :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Pandering

Living And Learning With MOOCS