High Tech Marikina on the Roll

Marikina recently launched access to its online city ordinances to provide residents like myself delivery of basic government services right to my doorstep. Through the 'Virtual Ordinance Library', Marikina is really up to its promise of providing only the best in public governance.

I have not really tried these services but I am confident that it works. I asked around. I have friends in Calumpang.

Take note, since last year, Marikina, established City Hall a Wi-fi spot. This I have to try personally. One of these days I will bring our laptop and see if I could do some blogging there. Maybe I can teach some matured citizens how to blog. Why not?

Additionally, the City also installed personal computers with Internet connections in barangay halls and health centers. I wonder exactly how many barangays were able to take advantage?

See the full story here.

And what's more, the City government, through its Management Information System (MIS) also launched the first Marikina Web Awards. "The competition, which aims to encourage participation in governance through the use of the internet, is open to Marikina's 16 barangays, 10 public high schools, and 17 public elementary schools.

They will be given one month to develop a homegrown Website showcasing the participants' respective profiles. Entries will be judged according to the following criteria:" 35% for content, 25% for design, 20% for usability and 20% for functionality. Please see the City website article about this announcement here.

Popular posts from this blog

Pandering

Living And Learning With MOOCS