Skip to main content

Meme from Megha

This is long overdue. And I need to do this now. Megha meme-d me. I think to do this, I am supposed to enumerate 7 things you don't know about me and then tag 7 individuals to ask them to do the same. It's one way of promoting our blogs! I think this is my simplistic definition of the meme. So here goes:

Seven (7) Things You Don't Know About Me

1. I used to consult my horoscope everyday. Yes, from the newspapers. At that time, my horoscope defined what happen with my day. Funny huh?

2. I used to work in the IT industry. Eight years were spent for a computer software company, largely selling software for IBM's big mainframe boxes.

3. A U.S company with regional office in Singapore, gave me an opportunity of a lifetime in 1992. They asked me to be their partner in selling software research services here in my country. And I did that for them for more than 5 years.

4. I had my first baby when I was 23 years old. As a mommy newbie I had a doubly difficult time because my personal life was then in shambles. But I survived. God led the way.

5. I did research and wrote the narrative of my ladyboss' dissertation. That is why my office mates called me DOC back then:-) But of course she got her doctorate in education management.

6. My first trip abroad was Singapore and I was pleasantly surprised to see for myself how disciplined Singaporeans are.

7. My first computer was a PC XT a gift from my boss (pls refer to item # 5). It had a green monitor. I am really from the dinosaur age :-)

And to perpetuate this meme I am tagging the following blogger friends:

femikey
renrie
moonbeammcqueen
15minutedate

Popular posts from this blog

Live to Love

Filling the house with Love

Christmas is always a message of HOPE..

And yes call me a great hoarder of  Christmas decor.. I would not mind..


Christmas and all things nice by malud on Polyvore

Living Money

"Charity degrades those who receive it, and hardens those who dispense it."

"Money is not neutral; it changes everything, including the ability to neutrally judge what people will or will not do for you."

Living with City Density

It is a must that we curb our population growth
Guesstimates peg that  Metro Manila's population has grown to almost 15million  today. In 1974 while doing my OJT at POPCOM, national rowth rate was 33% and Metro Manila's population at that time was 4 million.  Today it has bloated to almost 15 million after rate was said to have been  'reduced' to 32.1%. Not much improvement really.
Metro Manila population has grown alarmingly fast.  We all know what this means. Living and  health  conditions deteriorate.  Poverty becomes the order of the day. If there are more than 15,000 individuals on a mere square kilometer, you can imagine  pollution, over crowding, resources dwindling and then disease not to mention managing flood disasters in the magnitude of Ondoy and Pepeng. Poor social and economic conditions prevail if not worsen.
The Reproductive Health Bill has been approved.