News Overshadowed by Luneta Grandstand Hostage Crisis
The hostage crisis situation dominated the news headlines in the last 8 days. As a result, equally important issues took a back seat:
- Worsening dengue situation - said to have increased by 75% this year. Calling DOH.
- Ampatuan Massacre - postponements that seem to delay the early conviction of those who will be found guilty.
- Human rights violation again, allegedly committed by Manila policemen
- Hide and Ply strategy of colorum buses with EDSA routes
- Continuous media campaign to support the government's plans to address possible flood crisis situation during the remaining typhoon season.
- Mismanagement of gov't funds by GOCC's.. after current Senate investigation, what now?